Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Podcast write-up

I am having issues getting my photostory to upload, but I need to do the write up so I will go ahead and do that now.

The thing I loved best about these two projects is that they were student-driven. It was a blast to do this assignment with them and I can't wait for the next project we put together.

This photostory basically tells the story of the making of our movie. The students in my english class have just finished their poetry unit. As a finale they wrote a short poem choosing only 3 words to describe themselves or their philosophy of life. They took a day to write the poem and to decorate whatever medium they chose to display it. We also chose the music to go with the movie, "Photograph" by Nickleback. Day two they cleaned and decorated for filming and we began taping. The Movie uploaded here is the result of that project.

The verbal narration on this project kept cutting in and out, so I wrote out the script in to written narration on most of the pictures. This also showed that I was able to add text to my photos. At .10 there is a photo collage of students working on thier poems. There are three total pictures that are blended together. At .46 there is a layered photgraph (mosaic tile) of one of the students with a thumbs up.

Total running time is 2:29.

No comments: